City of Bakersfield Public Records | BHN Amphitheatre |

Random Image

Parks Make Life BetterPark Rules

A permit is required to consume alcohol in any City park or facility. Permits must be obtained by 1pm, 2 business days prior to the date needed. No glass containers allowed.

An area must be reserved to have a portable structure set up at any City park. Additional fees and insurance may
be required. A list of those companies who have current insurance for portable structures in City parks is available at any customer service location. Insurance and deposit are required to have privately owned inflatables in any City park. Generators are recquired.  Jumpers and structures are prohibited in The Park at River Walk.

PARK RENTAL REFUNDS AND RESCHEDULING Reservation cancellations more than 5 business days prior to the event will be refunded, less a cancellation fee of $30.
Cancellations less than 5 business days in advance will result in all fees being forfeited. Changes to reservations must be made in person by 1pm at least 2 business days before date of event, and are subject to a $20 rescheduling fee.  In the event of inclement weather, the reservation must be rescheduled the next business day, no refunds provided.

SOFTBALL OR SOCCER/RUGBY FIELD RENTALS Fields available for rental provided they are not in use for City leagues or a rest day for the fields:
10 lighted softball fields: Beach, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Mesa
Marin Sports Complex(4), Patriots(2), Planz, and Wayside Parks.
2 lighted soccer/rugby fields: Beach, and Yokuts Parks.
1 unlighted soccer/rugby field: Beach Park.

The Assumption of Risk located at the bottom of the Activity Registration Form must be signed for all programs at the time of registration.

State law prohibits any person from smoking within 25 feet of any playground or tot lot sandbox area.  Violations of this law are punishable by a fine of $250 or more for each violation. (California Health and Safety code section 104495).  Please be respectful of this law.

A permit must be obtained to have amplified music in the parks. 7 parks are zoned for amplified music/sound:
Beach, Central, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Patriots, Silver Creek,
Yokuts Parks; and Saunders Recreational Facility.  Permits must be requested no later than 3 weeks in advance.  Insurance and additional non-refundable fees are required.

Please be advised that all participants involved in any department program or special events are subject to being photographed.  Such photographs may be used by the City of Bakersfield without an obligation to provide compensation to those photographed.

FILMING OF OR WITHIN CITY PARKS AND FACILITIES A film permit is required for all activities used for advertising and/or other commercial use.

A participant who is unable to attend a program/class must request a refund within 5 business days following the first day of the scheduled program/class.  If a program is in progress and a participant is no longer able to attend, the participant must request a refund within 5 business days following the last class attended. Refunds will be prorated. There will be an $8 surcharge for all changes, transfers, or cancellations of registrations.

The Department of Recreation and Parks complies with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) which prohibits discrimination on the basis of a disability.  Reasonable accommodations will be made in recreation programs and facilities to enable participation by an individual with a disability.  If you are in need of special accommodations, please notify us.
CRS provides specially trained operators to relay telephone conversations between people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled and those they wish to communicate with. Dial 711 for assistance.

Only 501(c)(3) organizations are eligible to obtain a permit to conduct sales, collect fees, and otherwise solicit funds in City parks. Other organizations and businesses are required to obtain an agreement with the Department of Recreation and Parks to conduct similar activities.  Per Municipal Code 12.56.

Become a part of Park Watch. Report any suspicious behavior to the Bakersfield Police Department at (661) 327-7111. To report graffiti call (661) 32-ERASE(37273).