Request For A Report
The processing time for traffic reports is usually 5 to 7 business days, excluding weekends and holidays. Some reports may take up to ten business days.
- Reports may be purchased in person at the Police Department between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Reports may be obtained by mail by sending
a written request to the Bakersfield Police Department. The
request will include the Case Number, date the incident
was reported, the name(s) of party(s) involved, and a telephone
number to contact the requestor.
- The cost of a crime report is 25 cents per page. Accident reports are a flat fee of $6.00.
- A check or money order payable to the City of Bakersfield for the cost of the report must be received before the request is processed.
Further Report Information
- 24 hour request line at (661) 326-3854
- A Records Clerk will return phone calls Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.