Volunteers are vital to meeting the needs of our animals and the people who come into the CBACC. You can make a huge difference in a variety of positions.Anyone 18 and over can volunteer at the shelter after filling out the required application and waiver forms. Youth under 18, but at least 16 years of age may volunteer, as long as a parent or guardian are with them. Orientations will coming soon, however those needing Community Service Hours are not required to attend orientation.
Volunteer Positions Needed
Cat Socialization: Brush, play and provide exercise for our cats in the cattery.
- Dog Socialization: Provide exercise, play, take dogs for walks, and teach our dogs leash manners and other social skills.
- Laundry, Dishes and Blankets: We are always in need of general cleaning help to keep everything as sanitary as possible for our animals.
- Kennel Assistant: Help clean kennels, cages and our habitat areas for the cleanest possible environment.
- Grooming: Bathe dogs and cats to make them wonderfully attractive for our potential adopters.
- Adoptions Counselors: Help families find the best pet for their household. Educate the public about spay/neuter, vaccinations, behavior issues and potential pet costs.
- Special Events and Clinics: Assist the City of Bakersfield Animal Control team at one of our monthly vaccine and license clinics at various parks throughout the Metro Bakersfield area.
- Foster Care: Provide a temporary home for an animal(s) and litters in need. Call the shelter at 661 832-PETS to learn more.
Volunteer for City of Bakersfield Animal Care Center
Please download and complete the documents below.
For more information call: 661 832-PETS.
Download Volunteer Waiver Form
Download Volunteer Application
Volunteer for City of Bakersfield Animal Control Clinics and Events
Please download and complete the document below.
For more information call: 661-326-3436
Download Volunteer Release, Waiver, and Consent Form